Thursday, October 22, 2009

Murphree Thomas Sled

I got my puppy, Murphree, in early October 2008. He was only six weeks old when I got him. I had never had a dog before, and really didn’t know how much work a puppy was.

I have always believed in crate training, as every dog I have seen who has been crate trained is always very well behaved. I crated him while I was at work and both of us were asleep.

Almost every day, I would come home at lunch and walk him and then again when I got home from work. I would take him out again before bed and set my alarm for two in the morning wake up and carry him down the stairs. I would get up at 5:30 walk him and go to the gym, come home form the gym and walk him again. Rinse and repeat for about four months. It was exhausting (but worth every second). Just like having a real baby.

When I came home from the first date with LM, I knew I liked her as discussed in the previous post. I wanted right away to let her meet the pup.

I bought one of those crates that “grows with your puppy” including a sectional piece that can be moved as he gets bigger. When LM met him, he barely had any crate and bounded out with so much excitement.

I really think he getting cuter as he gets older. Now at 51 pounds he still thinks he is a lap dog and snores like he is trying to suck the blinds off the wall, but I couldn’t imagine my life without him. I want to be able to buy a house soon so he can have a yard to play in. He is part of my motivation for getting my MBA.

I mean: Look at that face!
You can follow Murphree’s life on twitter: @murphface by clicking on any of the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment