Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quick and Dirty Version of How I Met LM

My Version:

I decided to work out in the morning in the Fall of 2008 because I wanted to spend as much time with my puppy, Murphree, as possible (but ultimately more on him later).

I don’t think anyone is at his or her best during a morning workout. But while working out for a week and a half or so, one lady in the gym always caught my eye. She was in there about as much as I was, which at the time was six or seven days a week. One day while she was on the leg press machine we made eye contact and a smile (and my infatuation was born).

I always have a hard time asking someone out, it is uncomfortable, no easy way to finish the conversation or walk away when the convo is over. Anyway, I just walked up to her while she was on the elliptical and introduced myself to her. Another week of “good mornings” passed and I mustered the courage to ask her out. We went to Two Urban Licks (more on that later) and had the best first date I have ever been on. Ever since that date I have wanted to be around her as much as she could stand being around me.

You know you are with the right person when they support and surprise you all the time. So, the reason for the quick introduction is… When I called her and told her I got into Tech she was more thrilled for me that I was for myself. She sneaked out of work and bought me my first piece of Georgia Tech garb, a t-shirt. My favorite new shirt!

If only I would have known on that first date that that this is the woman of my dreams, I would have popped some champagne when I got home.

1 comment: