Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Affordability

Affordability

The idea of the MBA is the anticipation that completion of the program will result in a pay increase likely justifying the education over the five years post graduation. Though it is hard to look over the short term financial set back.


Tuition

The cost of attending a graduate program is important in the decision. Both school options are State Schools which is a real cost benefit. I have been living in Atlanta for 18 months currently and when school starts it will be 21 months. I have broken down the cost of tuition for each school.


Georgia Tech
:
Tuition: $727 per semester hour
Fees: $718 per semester Georgia Tech's program is 54 credit hours (Tution expense = $39,258) and nine semesters as discussed in this post on Curriculum. That brings the total for Fee's across all nine semesters ($6,462) and tuition to a total of $45,720. If you add the costs of books, notes, and additional materials estimated at a cost of about $250 per class (18); additional costs would be about $4,500. My total cost of education at Georgia Tech would be roughly: $50,220.

Georgia State University

Tuition: $40,000 total all inclusive cost
Georgia State's cost of tuition is $6667.00 per semester for six semesters. The cost of books and materials is included in tuition. The total cost of attending Georgia State will be roughly: $40,000 That is if I complete the entire program in only two years. The remainder would be added expense.

Computer

The computer cost is a wash, I plan on buying a new computer (more on that later) prior to beginning regardless. Total: $1,500.00


Transportation

I work every day in Buckhead (North Atlanta). I would have to drive up to the perimeter each day of courses at the Peachtree-Dunwoody campus of Georgia State. Georgia Tech's campus is in Mid Town, which just so happens to be on my way home.

4 comments:

  1. You are a blogging machine, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I know right ??!!!
    @onetallsean

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your detailed approach weighing options.

    I read almost all your posts related to MBA admission from appearing for LSAT to admission acceptance. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it. After reading your essay's I second the interviewers thoughts on the quality of your essary writing. It was impressive.

    I am in process of application and in process of appearing for my GMAT. I hope to be accepted at the GA Tech.

    Also, if you don't mind, I would like to know if you have taken the college level Calculus as required by GA Tech. Any help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete