Thursday, October 15, 2009

Perusing the GSU Website

I was perusing the GSU website when I stumbled upon a small change.  It seems the application deadline for submission has been moved back one month to October 30, 2009.  After finding this new date many interesting questions arise.  Is the date moved due to lack of interest in the program?  How many applied?  Why did they extend the dates?

I doubt they are being overly selective with the decision process.  When I met with the interviewer he told me they close applications when the program has reached the maximum for the class.  So, the obviously haven't reached the maximum yet.  I wonder if Tech's newer program and Emory's reputation locally have decreased demand. 

It is possible they are just being extremely selective to get only the best possible candidates.  Which, is what I would like to think, you know, to feel special. 

There is also the possibility that they received so many applications at the deadline they anticipate demand is still increasing.  In this scenario, they likely want to leave the window for applications open to allow more qualified candidates to apply.

I also checked the Georgia Tech site after happening upon this information. They are no longer accepting applicants for the Spring semester.

I don't know… just thinking aloud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment