Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Acceptance to a MBA Program

First Acceptance to a MBA Program

SUCCESS:  I have been accepted into Georgia State University's Professional MBA program.  Classes begin on January 12. In a bit of a surprise, I actually went on a run after work and ran into my interviewer.  Great guy.  He seemed generally happy to be able to offer me a seat in the program.

As discussed in previous post I have taken many different graduate admissions tests, it is really nice to be offered admission to any program, especially one as highly ranked as Georgia State University.  I am very excited as the fruits of my labor seem to be finally paying off.

In order to keep my spot in the program a $250 deposit will be required in two weeks, October 9.  Hopefully, I will hear from Tech before I have to pay a deposit, so I have the opportunity to weigh my options (if indeed I have an option) prior to shelling out money.

Do you have questions about the length of time from submission of application to acceptance?  

My application was submitted on September 13, 2009.  GSU received my GMAT scores on September 17.  I was invited to an interview on September 22, 2009 and offered acceptance on September 23, 2009.  The entire process for Georgia State University took nine (9) days (two of which were weekend days) from the submission of the application.   Talk about efficiency in the decision making process.

Today is a big day financially, due to this wonderful news I can save money by not applying to the other schools I mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment