Monday, October 5, 2009

Awarded Interview with Georgia State

Awarded Interview with Georgia State

I was invited for and scheduled an interview via email with Georgia State University. Showed up perfectly on time sporting a charcoal suit with a French cuff shirt. We discussed the program: GSU offers a “lockstep” program, which is very good for the anal retentive, extremely organized personality like myself. It means that you take all the core courses on a designated time schedule, which guarantees completion of the program in about two years. Then your class votes on electives offered the following term. You can take those electives or go to a different location and take courses that are better suited for my career goals. Seems like they have this pretty well figured out.

Next my work experience: What I do for a living: I spoke about how I have knowledge of a specific niche in the financial industry (more on that later). How I can contribute to class discussions. The interviewer told me I had a strong resume. I will take that as a completely positive statement.

What I expect of the program. The interviewer pointed out that I would be on the young side in terms of the other students, which I expected for a program that averages six years of work experience and I have only four. When he spoke of the next steps in the process his tone, led me to believe I was a strong candidate for acceptance.

Due to the rolling admissions, the interviewer told me that the admissions committee would be meeting the following day to make a decision on my status, and I would most likely hear something once they adjourn.

We walked through a checklist for topics covered. Checked everything off. All in all it was a roughly thirty minute interview, and I left fairly confident, and happy a decision would be coming my way soon.

I could definitely see myself in this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment