Monday, October 12, 2009

Accepted to Georgia Tech

Accepted to Georgia Tech:

I am very pleased to report that I have been accepted to Georgia Technical Institute’s Evening MBA program for the Spring Semester of 2010. I am beyond excited. This entire process has very much reminded me of undergraduate admissions.

Finally, I have a choice between two very reputable MBA programs. I get to choose my destiny. There is something very rewarding about only applying to two programs and getting into both.

Curious about the length of time between application submission and notification of admission?

I submitted my application electronically on September 13, 2009. Tech received my GMAT scores on September 17, 2009. I was invited to an interview on October 5, 2009. I was notified of my acceptance on October 6, 2009. The entire process for Georgia Tech took 19 days (six of which were weekend days). Tech, just like GSU, is very efficient in the application process. It is possible I would have been notified earlier of the decision, if my work schedule had accommodated an early time slot for my interview. Alas, it didn’t, but it is still very nice to know, I now have a choice for my MBA institution.

Now, I have a decision to make. I have to look at curriculum and affordability to choose the program that is the best fit for me.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have an interview next week for the same program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interview was very laid back and informal. Let me know how it goes; best of luck to you Emmett. I hope to see you in class :)
    @onetallsean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I appreciate it. May I ask, what items did you bring with you to the interview?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just brought a couple copies of my resume. But Paula didn't even ask for it, as she had the one from my application. I think she just wants to see that you are taking the interview seriously and are interested in the program.

    Also, I went to an information session and she stated that around 60% of applicants to the evening program are admitted. So, I think, if you are qualified enough to get the interview you are a quality applicant.

    @onetallsean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came across your blog and just thought I would say hello:) I've also been admitted for Spring 2010 and have accepted. Looking forward to seeing you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog has been very informative for any aspiring MBA applicant wanting to get into Tech or Georgia State. You've mentioned that you were notified by Tech about the decision, do they mail out an acceptence letter or send you an email or call and notify you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to second what Sonny said above and this blog helped me get into Tech. And to answer the question above, I got an acceptence email from the director, but I have heard people getting phone calls from the director of admissions also.

    ReplyDelete