Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Interview with Georgia Technical Institute

Interview with Georgia Technical Institute

I was awarded an interview with Georgia Tech. Same as with Georgia State, we scheduled the entire thing over email and I interviewed with the director of the program.

My scheduled interview time was 6:00 PM. I was able to escape work early and arrived at 5:30 PM, much to my surprise the interviewer was able to talk to me only five minutes later. I think I was the last interview of the day, so I really got the impression she was pleased to start early.

I wore the same suit, tie, and shirt I had worn to the interview with Georgia State. Although, I have seven suits I wear regularly, I really feel like it is my most impressive outfit.

She started by asking me about my history, I could really tell she had done her homework on me. She saw in my current employment descriptions I do some actuarial analysis. Since Tech is one of the more national recognized colleges for Actuarial Sciences we talked about my roll for a little.

Next, I was extremely surprised. She told me she was very impressed with my essays. I had written essays that “captivated her from the beginning to the end”. This came as a complete shock since I don’t think I was ever complemented on my ability to write in any English course neither in high school nor college.

She asked me to describe my personality. She asked me about my job, why I wanted an MBA, and what I saw myself doing after I graduated with my new degree. I responded by talking about my view of Pension Actuaries and the Governments policy changes in retirement, tying that into my reason for pursuing an MBA.

We had some pretty nice dialog and she told me I would hear something back in the next couple days. All in all, I left this interview with the same feeling I had when I left the Georgia State interview.

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment