Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why Such Inactivity from me?

During my blogging sabbatical I accomplished many things. In December of 2010, my fiancé at the time and I bought a house. We had no idea what to expect in the process other than the fact that we had very little money with which to do this.


First backstory: When I lost my job last year I was placed in a predicament, I had no incoming money and had many outgoing bills. This created a problem for me. My girlfriend and I were getting pretty serious and lived about two blocks from each other in the Virginia Highlands. She let me move in, pretty much immediately and she supported me… I will forever owe her for that. A man changes when he doesn’t have a job, at least I did and I am super glad she was there for me.


About two days prior to the day I lost my job I asked Lindsay’s parents for permission to marry their daughter. This was a great choice for me as I knew she was the one worth spending the rest of my life with. They said yes and I was ready to ask away. Two days passed and the ring was burning a hole in my pocket, and I needed to ask her, I lost my job and moved into her apartment. Needless to say, that was the final boost I needed to make sure we weren’t just living together, so I asked her to marry me which was planned already.


She said “yes”.


We lived together with our three cats and dog (which wasn’t allowed in her apartment). Needless to say after about six months of living together with an illegal dog the landlord found out and we left. We moved in with her parents on October 1, 2010. We had been talking about buying a place at that time, though we didn’t have that much money saved. Living with my future in-laws in Alpharetta gave us the incentive and the wherewithal to start saving to buy our house. We put in an offer and closed on our first house in a two month timeframe, best decision ever… now we are homeowners… see why I disappeared from August 2010 to December 2010 that makes sense. We now own a home in Oakhurst (Decatur Altanta line in East Atlanta) that was built in 1920. We have our first yard and our first homeownership experiences. It took a while to get used to the yard and the work. Then what?


Well, I decided to take three classes at a time to speed the process.


AND we were planning for a wedding. We got married in June 2011. What a stressful and glorious time leading up to the big day. We wed at the Botanical Gardens, supposed to be outside (rained, so it wasn’t), but the wedding is a story for another day. We honeymooned, I finished the summer semester and now am ready to catch up the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment