Saturday, September 3, 2011

Business Communicaitons Review, Ending and Grade

I took this couse in the Fall of 2010:


This is a class that I did not like. A third party company taught the speaking course and it was only one credit. The class needs to exist for those who are more uncomfortable speaking in public, I get that. However, I could say a simple test could result in waiving the communications class from a good portion of students in the program. Additionally, I have been in sales or a sales discipline for my career, let me say that I wasted the money in this one credit class and got nothing out of the lessons except jokes to poke fun of my friends in the program. This should be reevaluated by those in charge of the program.



There was no grade, only a pass/fail option. For those of us in the program paying out of pocket this was truly a waste of money. If I would have given this course a grade, I would say that it deserved a D in my mind. I won’t issue a grade since the third party company didn’t give me a grade either: rather I will give them a FAIL.



How could it be better? Actually discuss Business Communication. Effective Agenda creation, power point discussions, how to effectively create a memo, what to do with personal twitter accounts, how to use LinkedIn more effectively… I could go on and on. No one that I know took this class and now is a wonderful public speaker: Just sayin…


No comments:

Post a Comment