Monday, January 11, 2010

Treacherous Weather in Atlanta

Thursday of last week, I took my lunch break to go and get my Georgia Tech Identification Card. I drove the 15 minutes over to the campus and parked in a meter spot. Went inside filled out the little form and got my picture taken. Really it only took about 10 minutes total for the entire process.

It was pretty easy all around.

The other half of the experience, transportation wasn't quite as easy. Due to inclimate weather in Atlanta, most of the state was shut down because of ice on the roads...

The state of Georgia closed it's school systems on the Friday, and according to the website they were going to open on Friday at noon. So, I braved the bad weather and went to work with the plan that I would be able to take my lunch and drive there to get my parking decal. I got there and they decided to close the entire day, so really I drove in treacherous conditions but to no avail as the parking place was not opened.

So, I am hoping today I have time to get my decal at lunch before my class starts today at six o'clock.

BuzzCard: $0.00
Evening and Weekend Parking Pass: $185.00

1 comment:

  1. In a surprising twist, the parking decal was prorated, and it only cost $110.00. That is great news, since I will only be using it for the Spring and Summer terms.

    ReplyDelete