Thursday, January 7, 2010

Project 2: A Painted Desk for School

So, to keep the trend from this previous post about painting furniture to bring it into a modern era, so to speak, I have another project to show.

I found this older Pier One Imports desk and chair on the side of the road. It was in pretty rough shape with lots of dings and dents and no hardware to be found. I knew immediately that it was a perfect chance to have the desk I need for school. Similar to the previous furniture painting adventure, I had to first decide on a color. I wanted something bright and I saw a piece of furniture at a little store near where I live that has an entertainment center in a mustard yellow that I really like.

With the help of Home Depot, I chose a new piece of hardware and a nice yellow color that Lindsay spotted in a flash. After a nice bout of sanding and priming, I was able to paint the furniture a beautiful mustard yellow and it only took three coats (instead of the five required by the previous rolling bar).


A finished final desk to do my studies

I am glad that I decided to go with the yellow, I really love earth tones and this yellow ads a splash of much needed color to my living room.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of me sitting on the coach and watching TV, accurately sums up my help in the painting on this desk.

    ReplyDelete