Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Murphy's in the Virginia Highlands Review

Last night for Lindsay’s birthday we went to Murphy’s in the Virginia Highlands. We have been there a couple times. No better time than now to review one of our favorite restaurants.

Lindsay and I went there for the first time prior to a show at the Fabulous Fox, Cinderella (Ballet). I had the "Georgia White Shrimp and Grips" (a personal favorite). It was so tasty I ordered it every time after. We have never had a bad experience.

Yesterday we went with her parents and are happy to report the experience as wonderful as before. They had the "Guiness Braised Beef Brisket" and the special "Surf and Turf", she had a "Grilled Chicken Paillard" and I enjoyed (a twist) the "Baby Back Ribs". The brisket was flavorful and tender. The steak was well seasoned and cooked to perfection. The chicken was the best dish on the menu, I think. And the ribs were tender and the "honey chipotle glaze" great.

I am all about supporting local growers. At Murphy's all fruit and vegetables on the menu are locally grown and organic, a trend I am pleased to report.

The service is always spot on, everyone has an expansive wine knowledge. Every time someone asks for a recommendation for a nice dinner that doesn’t break the bank, I always recommend Murphy’s. Chances are you may run into us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment