Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Financial Aid Experience

I have been trying to get everything in line with work for the start of the new semester for school. I thought I would supply a little background on the financial aid side of the equation. I filled out the FAFSA form as required. Talk about feeling a smidge nostalgic, reminded me of the undergraduate experience.

A huge worry of mine was being able to afford school at this point in my life. Lucky A) I am a Georgia resident. B) I have so many other bills to pay.

If you would have asked me five years ago if I thought I would ever be a Georgia resident I would most likely laughed at you. Not exactly where I thought my life would be. But I am damn happy to be here now.

Georgia Tech is a lender school like the University of Florida. So, the process of receiving financial assistance is very similar to my previous experience. I got the “award letter” from the institute and it will cover my costs plus buying that computer I alluded to before.

So, I definitely have at least one worry off my back.

As the date of the orientation, Jan 6, approaches, I grow more and more excited about the choice to attend Georgia Tech for my MBA.

3 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alisha

    http://pay-dayadvance.net

    ___

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chopra, I will update a bit more frequently as school started yesterday.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete