Thursday, July 1, 2010

Everybody Loves Murphree

I spent four months trying to prioritize my needs for my new job including what industry I wanted to join. I had experience in Hospitality (Restaurants and Hotels) and Finance (TPA Firms), but ultimately the one common denominator is my passion for Sales. The principles of sales supersedes the industry. With this revelation in mind I could peruse any industry of my choice.

So, I spent about five or six hours per day looking for a career in non-profit. What did I do with the other two or three hours a day?


Everybody Loves Raymond.


I have now officially seen every single episode of this show in syndication. I know the plots of each show now based on the opening scene. I enjoy Robert, Ray, Marie, Frank, they are like my little TV family. I watched shows like According to Jim, Yes Dear, King of Queens, and Friends.

I know every sitcom joke from the 1990's. I can recite entire scenes from each of the shows, ultimately a horrible truth to admit.
I watched shows when the lovable lead male lost his job and the entire episode was about his lackluster attitude or his schemes to get reemployed. I took those episodes to heart as they always seemed to hit a little too close to home.

I have developed a new attitude about people searching for work. In the past I felt like they were laid off because of their lack of effort, but the reality is that it may not have been through any fault of their own. I don't find people unemployed to be humerus anymore.


I would have spent more time with Murphree, but the reality is that he literally sleeps all day. While I would love to wake him up to play with me, it would be a bad choice because I really, deep down, thought I would return to employment sooner rather than later. His sleepy attitude will serve him well when he is guarding the house all by himself.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your job. Now update your blog! (PS I just found this when I googled "Georgia Tech Evening MBA Football Tickets."

    ReplyDelete