Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Begining of a New Era

It has been a while since my last post. I believe that I can justify this period of inactivity due to the fact that this blog is about balancing a professional life a personal life and the Evening MBA without losing my mind.

In February I was the victim of the economy. There was a time when I thought people who work hard everyday were not the people who are cut when the money gets tight in a company. Turns out I was actually incorrect in that original thought. Economic choices that executives make are fueled by the bottom line. I took a very negative view of the world of business based on this experience. Since I was not employed I viewed the world from that perspective, the perspective of sending resumes into cyberspace and not hearing anything except auto rejections.

The only thing I knew for a fact was I have worked for a very large international corporation and a rudy-poo little mom and pop shop. If ever I had the chance to begin working for a large corporation I would jump at the opportunity due to the innate problems with the politics of small companies.

Over the next couple days I will explain what I did during my unemployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment