Monday, February 1, 2010

Financial Accounting First Project

So, this weekend was the first real test for me when it comes to the evening MBA program really grabbing at my time.

The first project is due today in Financial Accounting.  It is a Harvard Case Study, called the Chemalite, Inc Company.  We read a company description of the significant operating events that happened over the course of a year.

We are to do the Accrual Accounting journal entries for each transaction. Then do a "T-Account" for the Cash based transactions.  Finally, based on the information we have, we are to make an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet for the first year start-up company, Chemalite, Inc..

All in all, not incredibly difficult, just time consuming.  I feel I have a pretty good grasp on the dual journal entry concept, the T-Account creation, and the formation of an Income Statement.  I admittedly struggled with the creation of the Balance Sheet.  We will go over the project in class and then  turn it in.  It accounts for 15% of the final grade in Financial Accounting.  Lindsay was very supportive as I spent a solid hour and a half to two hours completing the Statement and T-Account portion of the project, as accurately as I could.  It too me an additional hour making the journal entries, I was pleased with the completion of the project and my beautiful girlfriends patience.

I will follow up tomorrow on how close to accurate my project turned out.

3 comments:

  1. You are one straightforward writer. I enjoyed reading your article and taking in all the interesting information. I share your thoughts on many points in this content. This is great.



    Neil Advani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently checked with few banks about mortgage, actually I am planning to buy a new house and probably this will be the only finance option.



    Escape bail

    ReplyDelete

  3. hello

    i have never thinking about al these kind of stuff but i really appriciate to all the reader of this blog because they all have great mind to think about this major topic in financial field thanks to share thier expirances with us.







    Depository trust & clearing corporation

    ReplyDelete